Home Remedies for Fatty Liver
Here are the diet and lifestyle remedies for curing this fatty liver. Other than this, some natural home remedies are also mentioned in below. Follow them regularly for a healthier liver and thereby all other bodily functions.
Include all these changes in your daily diet and follow them to get rid of the fatty liver.
- It’s better to avoid taking bad carbohydrates such as sugar, pastries, refined flour, white bread, refined foods and other processed or else sodas. These foods are easily gets converted into triglycerides which are a type of fat that was easily accumulated into liver. Have low carbohydrate diet which won’t cross 1500 calories every day.
- Regularly have some healthy carbohydrates which include least processed or unprocessed whole grains, fruits, vegetables and beans in the daily diet to prevent this fatty liver.
- Avoid the intake of bad fat like saturated and trans fats containing food such as high fat meat like lamb, beef, pork, butter, chicken with skin, ice – cream, whole fat dairy products, cheese, lard, etc. Also cut the Trans – fats containing foods by avoiding commercially baked muffins, cookies, pastries, dough nuts, cakes, packaged snacks like chips and crackers, vegetable shortening, stick margarine, candy bars, fried foods, etc.
- Include good fats like monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats in your daily diet. For taking monounsaturated fats, you have to choose cold pressed oil for cooking purpose and also those which have omega – 3 fatty acids. Few good oils like canola oil, olive oil, peanut oil, sunflower oil, sesame oil, etc. Include more of avocadoes, olives, nuts such as peanuts, almonds, pecans, hazelnuts and peanut butter. To get polyunsaturated fats, you can include soybean oil, safflower oil, corn oil, flaxseed, walnuts, sesame, sunflower, pumpkin seeds, soymilk, fatty fish like tuna, mackerel, trout, salmon, herring, sardines, tofu, etc. Even though the good fats are good in nature but anything which is taken in over or excessive amounts will definitely convert itself into unhealthy or bad. So avoid taking them in excess.
- Always use less amounts of sugar and salt in your daily diet. In that place of salt, you may start using some healthy seasoning like vinegar or lemon juice. Also use organic honey in the place of refined sugar to cut down the salt and sugar quantity in your daily diet.
- Using healthy spices like turmeric, cumin, ginger, etc. while cooking the dishes will help you to heal the fatty liver problems excellently.
- Intake of fruits that aids in burning dietary fats rapidly like pineapple, papaya, apples and other similar fiber rich fruits in the daily diet to cure this liver problem.
- Fresh, well ripened tomatoes (prefer uncooked one) will also help you to cure this fatty liver and also to prevent its recurrences.
- Daily intake of 1/2 cup of bitter gourd juice or pieces will help to deal with this liver enlargement and also brings the blood sugar levels to get down. But make sure to have its juice by mixing honey in it instead of any sugar or artificial sweeteners.
- Vitamin C is very helpful as this will aid in preventing the liver cells damage which may occur from the inflammatory conditions of the liver. So include fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamin C. Also you can have juices that are extracted from citrus fruits like oranges, lemons and others and consume them on an empty stomach which helps to deal with fatty liver.