10. Juniper Berries and Cloves
Juniper berries and cloves used together make an excellent home remedy for itchy skin. Juniper berries have great anti-inflammatory properties, and cloves contain a powerful essential oil that helps numb the nerve endings to reduce itching sensations.
- Melt six tablespoons of unsalted butter in a saucepan.
- In another saucepan, melt two tablespoons of beeswax.
- Add the melted butter to the melted beeswax and stir well.
- Stir in five tablespoons of ground juniper berries and three tablespoons of ground cloves.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Apply the mixture on affected skin and leave it on overnight.
- In the morning, take a cool shower or bath.
- Do this daily.