1. Parsley Water
The simplest way to use parsley as a natural remedy for kidney stones is to prepare its infusion in hot water and consume it multiple times a day.
- Take a handful of fresh parsley leaves in a saucepan.
- Add enough water to cover the leaves.
- Boil for 3-4 minutes and remove from the flame.
- Allow the liquid to cool.
- Strain and drink 3 – 4 times a day.
Note: For added benefits and taste, add some lemon juice into the parsley water. Lemon juice is a rich source of potassium along with vitamins B and C, which have a cleansing effect on the blood vessels of the kidneys and helps keep blood pressure in check. You can also substitute lemon juice with ¼ teaspoon salt or olive oil.
2. Parsley Tea
Parsley tea works as a natural cleanser and helps to prevent salt from being reabsorbed into the body tissues, reducing the chances of stone formation in kidneys.
- Boil 1 cup of water in a kettle or a saucepan.
- Rinse ¼ cup of fresh parsley leaves under running water.
- Roughly chop the parsley leaves to release some of its natural oils.
- In a cup, place the chopped leaves at the bottom.
- Pour the hot water over the leaves to fill the cup.
- Allow it to stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain the leaves through a sieve and collect the liquid tea in a cup.
- Drink 1-2 cups daily for best results.
Note: Do not allow the parsley leaves to stand in hot water for very long; otherwise the tea will become bitter in taste. You can also add some honey or sugar to the tea if the taste seems unpleasant while drinking.