9. Garlic Oil
Garlic oil contains all the benefits of garlic in a potent form. People with sensitive skin should avoid applying garlic oil as it can cause irritation, redness and other discomforts. It is better to patch test before trying out the treatment.
- Using a cotton ball, apply a small amount of garlic oil on the acne affected areas of the skin.
- Massage it gently for few minutes.
- Leave it on for few minutes to overnight.
- Wash with warm water and a mild cleanser.
- Repeat the process regularly.
Process 2: with Salicylic Acid
These ingredients are high in antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties which help to get rid of the bacteria causing acne.
- Mix 2 drops each of garlic oil and salicylic oil.
- Using a cotton ball, apply the mixture on affected skin.
- Leave it on for few minutes, rinse with water, and pat dry.
- Repeat the process daily.
10. Garlic and Egg White
Egg white is rich in proteins and nutrients which skin needs to stay healthy, and when applied as a mask, it shrinks pores and dries out excess oil to prevent infection.
- Peel and slice few garlic cloves and rub the slices on your skin, focusing on breakouts.
- Wait for 5 minutes for garlic juice to dry then apply whipped egg white over it.
- Leave it on until it dries completely then rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Repeat the process daily to prevent acne.
11. Garlic and Carrier Oil
- Peel and mince 3 garlic cloves.
- Heat olive or coconut oil over low flame and add minced garlic.
- Let it simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When minced garlic turns dark brown, remove from heat and strain.
- Allow garlic-infused oil to cool then use fingertips to gently massage into clean skin.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Repeat the application daily.
- You can store the mixture in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days for daily use.