How to Use Garlic for Acne?
There are different ways of using garlic for treating acne. We have listed them below with a detailed description.
1. Garlic Cloves
In this process, as garlic is directly applied to the skin it may cause some irritation or burning sensation So, people with sensitive skin should avoid using this process.
- Peel, mince, and puree 3 garlic cloves.
- Apply to the affected areas of the skin.
- Leave it on for a few minutes. Remove the application immediately if causing unbearable burning sensation.
- Wash it off with cold water and pat dry.
- Apply non comedogenic moisturizer and repeat regularly.
- Or include garlic in diet but avoid eating too much raw garlic as it can overheat the body.
2. Garlic with Water
Some people cannot tolerate the strong nature of garlic if applied directly. So diluting it with water will reduce the discomfort.
- Crush 3 raw garlic cloves which will trigger the allicin production.
- Mix it with 1 tablespoon of water (more water for those with sensitive skin).
- Rub the mixture over the acne.
- Allow it to sit for about 10 – 15 minutes (if using garlic for the first time) or leave it overnight.
- Wash it off with water and pat the skin dry.
- Repeat this process regularly.
Alternatively: Dilute garlic juice in rosewater or water and apply it on the acne. Rinse off the application after 15 minutes.