Acne is the most common skin problem faced by teenagers and young adults. It occurs when bacteria thrives in the clogged pores. The skin pores get clogged due to excess oil produced by the sebaceous glands. The triggers for excess oil production are hormonal changes, improper hygiene, stress and poor diet. Proper hygiene and diet prevent the breakouts but to deal with the present acne, simple ingredients like garlic is effective.
So, garlic is very helpful in treating present acne.
Does Garlic Help to Treat Acne?
- The allicin present in garlic possesses anti – bacterial, anti-fungal, anti – viral and anti – septic properties which kills the bacteria causing acne.
- It has anti – inflammatory properties which help to reduce the swelling, pain and irritation.
- It helps to improve the blood circulation that allows the skin tissues to properly receive all the vitamins and minerals which are essential for healthy skin.
- It has sulfur compounds called thiacremonon, which acts as a drying agent. It also helps in reducing the appearance of acne scars.
- It is an excellent source of various acne combating nutrients like vitamins (C and B6), minerals, selenium, copper, allicin, zinc (used to control sebum) and other phyto-nutrients.
- It fights with insulin resistance which is linked to acne. The use of garlic oil helps to improve the insulin sensitivity.
- Its anti – oxidant property helps to fight against free radicals causing damage to the skin cells.
- Regular intake of garlic will help to strengthen the immune system.
Dealing new acne breakouts regularly even after trying many topical solutions? Then it’s time to heal from inside rather than just outside