Barberry herb will aids in nourishing the liver and thus helps to perform the proper liver functions. You can take this herb in a supplement form as 400 mgs daily. This herb if taken in over dosage then it causes some toxicity and also leads to miscarriage in pregnant women (avoid taking this herb). So have them in proper dosage by consulting your health care provider.
Licorice is an effective remedy for treating non – alcoholic fatty liver problems. This is widely used in Ayurveda to cure the liver disorders. Here is the recipe on how to prepare licorice tea for treating liver ailments.
- Licorice root powder – 1 to 2 teaspoon
- Boiling water – 1 cup
- Strainer or sieve
- Take a cup and pour licorice root powder in it.
- Then pour boiling water over this licorice powder.
- Allow it to steep for few minutes by covering it.
- Now strain this liquid into another cup with the help of strainer or sieve.
- Have this licorice tea for once or twice a day to get relief from the non – alcoholic fatty liver.
- Continue consuming this tea daily until you healed completely from this fatty liver.