Tips and Precautions
- If you are allergic to carrots, celery or fennel, do not use parsley in the form of any natural remedy as it may cause allergic skin reactions.
- Parsley increases fluid loss from the body. Hence, pregnant or lactating women, patients on blood thinner prescription drugs or those suffering from high blood pressure should consult a medical practitioner before consuming parsley in any form on a regular basis.
- The juice of parsley is an extremely potent so use it only in specified quantities and frequencies. If you are using it for a longer duration of time, it is advisable to consume it in a combination with other natural juices instead of in its concentrated form.
- Always opt for organic fruits and vegetables (including parsley) for any of these natural remedies.
- The ideal diet to prevent kidney stones would include high calcium, low sodium, low refined sugar, normal protein and high fluids.
- Avoid consuming foods that are rich in oxalic acid which include spinach, tomatoes, eggplants, collards, sweet potatoes, peanuts, and almonds.
- Include plenty of fruits along with green leafy vegetables in your diet and limit the consumption of dairy products.
- Avoid processed foods, sodas, alcohol, red meat and excessively salty or sugary foods. Replace animal proteins with vegetable protein sources.
- Stay hydrated by drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day to flush out the harmful toxins from the body.
- In case the pain becomes worse or you experience problems while passing urine, it is recommended to consult a registered medical practitioner immediately.
Drinking plenty of fluids to keep the body hydrated is the key to prevent the formation of kidney stones.