3. Parsley and Apple Cider Vinegar
The citric acid constituent of apple cider vinegar plays an important role in dissolving kidney stones. It also promotes the production of hydrochloric acid in the body which prevents stone formation.
- Add 1 cup of water, a bunch of freshly washed parsley (including stems) and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to the blender.
- Blend till it attains the consistency of a thick mixture.
- Consume 2-3 times a week.
Note: If the resulting mixture is too thick, you can use a strainer to separate the fiber part from the juice and consume the resulting green parsley solution.
4. Parsley, Lemon, Cucumber and Watermelon
Lemon juice works as an excellent cleanser for the kidneys, helping to dissolve unwanted mineral deposits that lead to calcium oxalate stones. It also plays a role in delaying the oxidation of other juices when used in combination with them.
Cucumber acts as a diuretic and flushes out the accumulated uric acid from the body, dissolving kidney stones.
Watermelon juice and its seeds are rich in anti-oxidant (lycopene), magnesium and zinc that have a powerful detoxing effect on the kidneys, helping to improve their function by preventing the formation of stones altogether.
- In a blender, add ½ an ounce of organic parsley, the juice of 2 lemons, 1 chopped cucumber and ¼ of a watermelon.
- Blend till the parsley leaves turn into a thick paste.
- Drink the resulting smoothie 2-3 times a week.
- Remove the seeds of the lemons while squeezing their juice into the blender.
- Peel the cucumber before chopping it (leave the peel on if the cucumber is organically grown) and adding it to the blender.
- However, leave in the watermelon seeds and allow them to blend into tiny pieces with the rest of the smoothie.
- Drink the mixture immediately after preparing it, since the blended watermelon doesn’t keep fresh for long after blending.