11. Apple Cider Vinegar
The astringent property of apple cider vinegar helps to shrink the swollen blood vessels and gives relief from the swelling and irritation of both internal and external hemorrhoids.
Note: Unfiltered and unpasteurized vinegar gets quicker results.
Method – 1: (Internal Hemorrhoids)
- Add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water.
- Stir it well and drink this at least twice a day.
- Honey can be added to make it taste better.
Method – 2: (External Hemorrhoids)
- Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar for few minutes.
- Gently press the ball against the inflamed area which may initially cause a stinging sensation.
- Repeat this several times a day.
12. Black Tea Bags
Tannic acid present in the tea has natural astringent property that helps to reduce the swelling and pain associated with hemorrhoids.
- Dip a tea bag in hot water for a few minutes before removing.
- Let it cool slightly before applying the tea bag to the affected area for about 10 minutes.
- Repeat 2 – 3 times a day.
- Note: You can apply the cold and used tea bags to the hemorrhoids for 5 – 10 minutes.
Drinking adequate amount of water will helps to cleanse the internal system and hydrates the entire body. It also helps to facilitate the bowel movements and keep the stools soft. 8-10 glasses of water a day is recommended.