5. Olive Oil
Olive oil has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties that are used to treat external haemorrhoid. It helps to increase the elasticity of blood vessels to reduce inflammation and shrinks the size of swollen blood vessels in the anal canal.
- Consume a teaspoon of olive oil daily.
- Alternatively take few plum leaves and crush them to extract the juice.
- Mix this with the olive oil and apply to the hemorrhoids.
- Repeat this daily.
6. Whole Grains
Whole grain products contain a good amount of fibre which is highly effective in relieving the symptoms and bleeding. It also allows the colon to work more effectively. Fibre foods helps to soften the stool to reduce the strain during bowel movement. Therefore try to have foods like oats, barley, brown rice, millet, quinoa, maize and buckwheat in your diet.
Potatoes have astringent properties that help to relieve the pain and itching associated with this condition.
- Wash 2 potatoes and cut into small chunks.
- Blend to a liquid form.
- Add a few teaspoons of water (if it is dry) and spread into a thin gauze bandage.
- Fold in half and apply to the hemorrhoids for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Repeat this process as needed.