Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids
Ice helps to constrict the blood vessels, reduce the swelling and give immediate relief from the pain.
- Wrap ice in a cloth or icepack.
- Apply to the affected area directly and leave for about 10 minutes.
- Repeat several times a day until the hemorrhoids go away.
- Note: A pack of frozen vegetables like peas or corn wrapped in cloth also work well.
- Apply to the effected area for about 20 minutes, do this three times a day.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is known for its anti-inflammatory and therapeutic properties which help to reduce the itching, inflammation and irritation of hemorrhoids. It is used to treat both internal and external hemorrhoids.
Method – 1: (Internal Hemorrhoids)
- Take aloe vera leaf ensuring to cut of the sharp thorns.
- Cut the leaves in strips and freeze them.
- Apply these to the affected area.
- Repeat this regularly to get relief from the hemorrhoids.
Method – 2: (External Hemorrhoids)
- Take an aloe vera leaf and extract its gel.
- Apply this gel to your anus and slowly massage it on the affected area for few minutes.
- Repeat this application of gel to get relief from the external hemorrhoids.