The sulfur in onions kills the bacteria that cause sinus infections.
- Add chopped onions to boiling water.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Drape a towel over your head, lean over the pan, and inhale the steam.
- Or you can cut an onion in half and inhale the fumes directly.
10. Saline Solution
This clears mucus and opens your nasal passage.
- In a cup, mix ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon baking soda, and 2 teaspoons of warm water.
- Fill the cup the rest of the way with room temperature water and stir.
- Use a dropper to pour a few drops.
- Till your head one side and pour few drops of this solution into one nostril.
- It will go into your nasal cavity and run out the other nostril and down the back of your throat.
- Gently blow your nose and spit out the drainage to clear the nasal passages and throat.
- Repeat the process for other nostril to get relief from the sinus infection.
- Note: Don’t do this before going to bed as sinus will drain immediately into your ear canals which may cause ear infection.
Horseradish clears up nasal congestion.
- Grate a horseradish.
- Put a pinch on your tongue and hold it for few minutes to clear your sinuses.
- Once the flavor is gone, swallow it to clear the mucus from your throat.