Due to its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and analgesic properties, basil is considered good for relieving earaches.
- Crush a few basil leaves and extract the juice.
- Put three or four drops of this juice in the aching ear.
- Repeat once or twice a day.
Indian lilac, also known as neem, has potent antibacterial and antifungal properties that help fight infection. Plus, it has anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects that help reduce earache.
- Crush a few neem leaves to extract the juice. Put a few drops in the aching ear as ear drops.
- Soak a cotton ball in neem oil and squeeze out the excess oil. Put this cotton ball in your ear. Leave it for a few minutes and then discard it.
Repeat either of these remedies once or twice a day until you get relief.