8. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil contains medium chain saturated oils which your body requires to prevent hemorrhoids. It also has antiviral, antimicrobial and anti-bacterial properties.
Method – 1:
- Clean the affected area with a dry cotton ball.
- Apply the oil on the affected area gently.
- Repeat several times a day to relief from the pain and discomfort.
Method – 2:
- Dip a cotton ball in a bowl of the oil.
- Place on the affected area and hold it for few minutes
- Repeat this until the area soothes and pain is relieved completely.
Prunes have laxative effect that helps to soften the stools, which in turn helps to treat the hemorrhoids.
- Eat 2-3 prunes daily.
- Alternatively, prune juice or prune supplements can be consumed daily.
10. Witch Hazel
Witch hazel contains mild astringent and healing properties that help to ease the discomforts associated with hemorrhoids. It helps to shrink inflamed blood vessels, relieves pain, itching and swelling.
- Take a cotton ball and soak it in an undistilled witch hazel.
- Apply this on the hemorrhoids.
- Repeat 3 times a day to get relief from the pain and bleeding of hemorrhoids.
- Medicated pads can be bought and applied that contains witch hazel.
- These can be use instead of or in combination with toilet paper.